Barcelona Food, Drinks & History Tour
€67 per Person
Includes 21% Spanish Sales Tax
Sips, Sites & Bites!
Join us on this food walking tour of Barcelona, and feel that love is in the air! Roaming the medieval city streets, discovering a charming new plaza, happening upon a new and delicious local restaurant – there is a feeling of love that stems from Barcelona’s rich cultural heritage that emanates from every corner of this beautiful city. Let us share these experiences with you! Sip on cava as you explore all of the Sites that Barcelona has to offer and enjoy some delicious Bites!
On this tour, we will explore some of the most vibrant neighborhoods, medieval streets, and alleyways of Barcelona, all of which come to life at night! Learn about the history of the city, while indulging your inner food lover with mouth-watering tapas and a delicious selection of local wines, beers, and cava (Catalan champagne).
Food Tour Highlights
- Visit 4 local family-owned taverns and tapas bars and enjoy some delicious traditional Catalan dishes and local Cava & wine.
- Learn about the interesting history of each plate and how they came about.
- Enjoy 11-12 mouth-watering tastings and 4 samples of Catalan red or white wine, local beer & Cava.
- Immerse yourself in the 13th-century medieval city all whilst having some delectable traditional Catalan food and wines.
- Local food, local stories, local people!
History Highlights on Your Tour
- Tour the medieval Barri Gotic & El Born neighborhoods, full of fascinating legends and stories.
- Discover hidden gems off the typical tourist path. This is a great tour for the foodie and history buff, with everything rolled into one tour.
- Visit the Plaza de Rei where Queen Isabella and King Ferdinand held court in the 15th century.
- Discover one of Antoni Gaudí’s (the architect of the Sagrada Familia, Casa Batlló, Park Güell, and many others) favorite places to visit in all of Barcelona.
- Meander alongside the ancient Roman wall and the western gate of the old Roman city.
- Feel the history emanating from the heart of the old Roman city on a visit to Plaza de Sant Jaume and the remains of the old Roman Temple of Augustes.
- Visit the remarkable 14th-century Basilica de Santa Maria del Mar, one of the best examples of Gothic Catalan architecture.
We can make the tour suitable for the following dietary needs:
- Gluten-free (not celiacs)
Our tour guides, partnering restaurants and purveyors will make every effort to accommodate dietary restrictions. However, there is no guarantee that we will be able to adapt to all food intolerances or special diets. Please include any dietary restrictions and/or allergies in the comments section during your booking process. If you need more information email us at [email protected].
Our Tour Guides
Eye on Food Tour guides are local experts with great storytelling skills. They are all very talented, passionate foodies who enjoy teaching visitors about the local cuisine and history of Catalunya. So what are you waiting for? Join us on our next Sips, Sites & Bites walking tour!
Why Choose Eye on Food Tours
- You will be guided around the city by fun, knowledgeable, and helpful English & Spanish speaking guides who are just as passionate about food as you are!
- Receive invaluable tips on where to eat like a local – don’t get pulled into the tourist traps!
- Food support – please feel free to reach out to us via WhatsApp, Email or text if you have any questions on where to go for nightlife, the best local food or to grab a drink. We are here to help in any way and make your trip a special one!
- How long does the tour last?
- – 3.5 Hours
- Where will we explore?
- – Barri Gotic & El Born, Rain or Shine
- When are the tours held?
- – Monday through Saturday, starting at 5 pm
- Where do we meet?
- – Meet your English-speaking guide just outside the Barceloneta metro station.
I truly enjoyed this tour and highly recommend it! Adrian was very knowledgeable, friendly and super passionate about food. I’m glad I chose this tour because I’ve got to experience... read more
Brilliant! We had an absolute blast with Adrian our guide as we ate our way around Barcelona sampling traditional dishes and some very tasty wines, all while learning about the... read more
We took our 4 young adult children (20-26yrs) on this tour to learn about the food/drink/history/culture of Barcelona. We were fortunate enough to get Adrian as our guide and he... read more
Had a great time eating lots of tasty food and drinking good drinks. Fantastic tour guide knew the area very well and knew a lot about the food and drinks.... read more
We chose the extensive 4.5 hour tour, which was worthwhile. We learned not only about popular food dishes but the history of areas and food patrons around the Gothic Quarter.... read more
Recently vacationed in Barcelona and we went on this incredible food tour with Adrian and Carolina as our guides. It was such a wonderful experience. Everything from the food, the... read more
Adrian is a great friendly guy with an extensive knowledge of Barcelona and wonderful local eating spots! Each stop provides you with a delicious variety of local food and drink.... read more
My wife and I had been to Barcelona before, we enjoyed the beaches, the historic sites, and just the sheer beauty of the place. We thought we had experienced it... read more
Please use the tools below to help you find our Starting point for this tour.
About Our Tours
We work to carefully develop each Food Tour in order to ensure the creation of a true culinary experience that should fit everyone’s tastes and schedules. When you take a tour with us, you can be sure that you will be served regional, local cuisine on each of our Tours and that you not only are going to have amazing meals, drinks and make new friends, but to also gain a deeper understanding of the history, culture and the food you will be eating.