€75 per Person
Morning Market & HISTORY TOUR
This is not just a food Tour, it is much more! Come and explore two vibrant neighborhoods of the city, for the sites, smells, history and taste of what this city has to offer.
- 13th-century Born neighborhood & the old fishing quarter of Barceloneta.
- Visit the wonderful Marcat de Santa Caterina and shopkeepers.
- Visit some neighborhood bodega and taverns sampling Vermouth, local Cava, beer and wine.
- Enjoying the local dish for lunch at a neighborhood family owned restaurant.
- Learn about the history of each plate and how they came about.
- Local food, local stories, local people!
HISTORY HIGHLIGHTS ON YOUR TOUR
- Visit the 14th century Basilica de Santa Maria del Mar.
- Immerse yourself in the 14th century medieval city of El Born
- Get to know the Santa Caterina Market where local do there food shopping.
- Visit a 150-year-old gourmet shop with a special secret.
- Learn about the old fishing quarter of Barceloneta
OUR TOUR GUIDES
Eye on Food Tours guides are local experts with great storytelling skills, who are all very talented, passionate foodies who enjoy teaching visitors about the food and history of the Catalunya culture.
WHY CHOOSE EYE ON FOOD TOURS
- You will be shown around the city by fun, knowledgeable, and helpful English & Spanish speaking guides.
- Tips on where to eat like a local, not a tourist.
- You will get a list of restaurant recommendations.
- Food support – please feel free reach out to us via WhatsApp/Email or text us if you have any questions on where to go for nightlife, food or drink. We are here to help in any way.
- 3.5 Hours guided food tour of Barri Gotic & El Born (with Stops)
- Monday – Saturday /19:00hr
- Meet your English-speaking guide just outside the Pastisseria/Pastry Shop called La Colmena just in front of (“Jaume I” metro station).
Please use the tools below to help you find our Starting point for this tour.
This is the section that says a little intro into “Eye On Food Tours”, Maybe put a photo or Logo here.