History & Food Tasting Experience
€46 per Person
Includes 21% Spanish Sales Tax
Taste of Barcelona
Take an unforgettable adventure with us to explore the rich and interesting history behind one of Barcelona’s most iconic neighborhoods: the Barri Gotic. As we wander the charming, medieval streets, our guides will transport you back through 2,000 years to learn about the more unknown side of Barcelona. Our tours go beyond common knowledge, and you are sure to learn something new – even if you’ve already explored everything in your guidebook! And better yet, you will also get to try some of Barcelona’s most typical and authentic foods from local vendors.
Our historical walking tour is perfect for those of you who have limited time, or want to get in one last fun and cultural experience before heading back home or continuing on to another city. This tour lasts between 2.5-3 hours and will include visits and explanations of up to 20 historical sites and points of interest. We will also make 3-4 brief stops to grab a refreshing drink and enjoy some tasty bites before continuing on for some more exploration. You will go home with wonderful, unique memories of Barcelona’s history and tastes that you won’t be soon to forget!
Food Highlights On Your Tour
- Immerse yourself in the Spanish and Catalan culture at one of the most impressive and oldest markets in all of Europe, “La Boqueria,” where you will sample some of the highest-quality and fresh food products.
- Sample traditional and authentic food like a local at some hidden taverns and restaurants and learn about the interesting history of each dish.
- Refresh yourself with some typical drinks, like a “Clara”, and some of the best regional wines.
- Local food, local stories, local people!
History Highlights On Your Tour
- Travel back in time through the Medieval winding streets of the Gothic Quarter and its hidden courtyards and plazas while you learn about the history behind the old Roman City of Barcino.
- Feel the ancient history emanating from the MUHBA Via Sepulcral Romana, a cemetery used mainly from the 1st to 3rd-centuries AD which has been miraculously preserved over time thanks to unexpected incidents.
- Admire the Santa Maria del Pi, an impressive 15th-Century Gothic church that has withstood the cruel tests of time, including an earthquake in 1428, the War of the Spanish Succession in 1714, and a fire in 1936.
- Marvel at the iconic Barcelona Cathedral, one of the most emblematic images of Barcelona behind the Sagrada Familia.
- Discover the ancient Jewish Quarter, which housed about 4,000 Jews in the 13th-Century and today boasts one of the oldest synagogues in all of Europe, dating back to the 5th-Century.
- Experience the laidback Spanish lifestyle at the Plaça Reial, a picturesque square that comes even more alive at night. However, it isn’t only the beauty and atmosphere that attracts so many people, but also a very interesting history with links to King Ferdinand VII and Antoni Gaudí.
- and many other unique points of interest!
This tour has a fixed menu and we can only make it suitable for those who wish not to drink alcohol (substitutions include beverages like water, sodas or coffee). If you need more information please email us at email@example.com
Our tour guides, partnering restaurants and purveyors will make every effort to accommodate dietary restrictions. However, there is no guarantee that we will be able to adapt to all food intolerances or special diets. Please include any dietary restrictions and/or allergies in the comments section during your booking process. If you need more information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Tour Guides
Eye on Food Tour guides are local experts with great storytelling skills. They are all very talented, passionate foodies who enjoy teaching visitors about the local cuisine and history of Catalunya. So what are you waiting for? Join us at our next Barcelona’s History & Food Tasting Experience!
Why Choose Eye on Food Tours
- You will be guided around the city by fun, knowledgeable, and helpful English & Spanish speaking guides who are just as passionate about food as you are!
- Receive invaluable tips on where to eat like a local – don’t get pulled into the tourist traps!
- Food support – please feel free to reach out to us via WhatsApp, Email or text if you have any questions on where to go for nightlife, the best local food or to grab a drink. We are here to help in any way and make your trip a special one!
- How long does the tour last?
- -2.5 – 3 Hours
- Where will we explore?
- -The Gothic Quarter
- When are the tours held?
- -Monday through Saturday, Starting at 10:30 am
- Where do we meet?
- -Meet your English speaking guide outside of the Hard Rock Cafe just across the street from Plaça Catalunya.
- Joanna P
Adrian was a fantastic tour guide. He took us to bars that I would never have been brave enough to go to. The food was amazing. Totally authentic.... read more
My wife and I had been to Barcelona before, we enjoyed the beaches, the historic sites, and just the sheer beauty of the place. We thought we had experienced it... read more
- Jeremy N
Eye on Food Tours truly are a gem! Adrian and Carolina gave us a lovely morning sampling some of Barcelona's best traditional delights which led to an unforgetable early afternoon... read more
We took our 4 young adult children (20-26yrs) on this tour to learn about the food/drink/history/culture of Barcelona. We were fortunate enough to get Adrian as our guide and he... read more
Adrian is a great friendly guy with an extensive knowledge of Barcelona and wonderful local eating spots! Each stop provides you with a delicious variety of local food and drink.... read more
- nicole V
I really enjoyed the food tour! Adrian is fun, and knows some great local spots. He is full of fun facts about the city and it’s history. The... read more
Had a great time eating lots of tasty food and drinking good drinks. Fantastic tour guide knew the area very well and knew a lot about the food and drinks.... read more
4 hour trip around districts of Barcelona. Friendly guide and in the most part interesting.
Some pleasant food and drink stops thrown in the mix too.
On a personal... read more
Please use the tools below to help you find our Starting point for this tour.
About Our Tours
We work to carefully develop each Food Tour in order to ensure the creation of a true culinary experience that should fit everyone’s tastes and schedules. When you take a tour with us, you can be sure that you will be served regional, local cuisine on each of our Tours and that you not only are going to have amazing meals, drinks and make new friends, but to also gain a deeper understanding of the history, culture and the food you will be eating.