L’Eixample History & Flavors for Food Lovers
€65 per Person
Includes 21% Spanish Sales Tax
Gaudí & Tapas Foodie Stroll
Join us for a stroll and some delicious bites as we explore the unique Modernista style. Marvel at the panoramic streets of the Eixample neighborhood, where Modernista masterpieces come to life. Experience the vibrancy of this historic district filled with glamorous people, high-end shops, delectable eateries, and Barcelona’s most important architectural world heritage structures.
You will also have the pleasure of enjoying some Catalan specialties, all carefully selected by our local experts at three different venues. We are excited to share some of the many unique traditions and flavors of Catalunya with you!
Between these delicious tastings, you will learn about the fascinating history and highlights of the Eixample district. We will also share some tips on how to eat Catalan food like a local, so you feel right at home.
Look up and get your camera ready for architectural masterpieces like you’ve never seen before. The Modernista style is a real treat for the eyes, with its variety of colors, shapes, and materials. There will be no shortage of photo opportunities and moments to savor. This will be an experience you will remember for a lifetime!
Food Highlights On Your Tour
- Discover an authentic bodega that has been in business for over 80 years
- Enjoy a food tasting experience at a charming, local gourmet shop known for its high-quality products
- Visit a restaurant that completely preserves its Catalan roots with the best local cuisine.
- Explore locales off-the-beaten-path, away from the overpriced, touristy attractions
History Highlights On Your Tour
- Admire the undulated shapes and mesmerizing blue-green iridescent façade of 19th Century Casa Batlló.
- Get to know the fascinating history behind Casa Amatller with its Dutch-style architecture.
- Marvel at Casa Milà, complete with its famous and eclectic rooftop chimneys.
- Stroll along La Rambla de Catalunya, teeming with life and cultural events at all hours.
- Peek at the classy luxury shops along the Passeig de Gràcia.
- Experience the local lifestyle as we wander by the Illa de la Discòrdia.
- Learn about the Plan Cerdà, a legacy that transformed the urban landscape of the entire Eixample district
We can make the tour suitable for the following dietary needs:
- Gluten-free (not celiacs)
Our tour guides, partnering restaurants and purveyors will make every effort to accommodate dietary restrictions. However, there is no guarantee that we will be able to adapt to all food intolerances or special diets. Please include any dietary restrictions and/or allergies in the comments section during your booking process. If you need more information email us at [email protected].
Our Tour Guides
Eye on Food Tour guides are local experts with great storytelling skills. They are all very talented, passionate foodies who enjoy teaching visitors about the local cuisine and history of Catalunya. So what are you waiting for? Join us on our next Gaudí & Tapas Foodie Stroll !
Why Choose Eye on Food Tours
- You will be guided around the city by fun, knowledgeable, and helpful English & Spanish speaking guides who are just as passionate about food as you are!
- Receive invaluable tips on where to eat like a local – don’t get pulled into the tourist traps!
- Food support – please feel free to reach out to us via WhatsApp, Email or text if you have any questions on where to go for nightlife, the best local food or to grab a drink. We are here to help in any way and make your trip a special one!
- How long does the tour last?
- – 3.5 Hours
- Where will we explore?
- -L’Eixample neighborhood, rain or shine
- When are the tours held?
- -Monday through Friday, starting at 5 pm
- Where do we meet?
- -Meet your guide outside the Five Guys Burger across the street from the Sagrada Familia. Your guide will have an Eye On Food Tours sign and a badge with his name. Location Name – Outside Five Guys Burgers
I truly enjoyed this tour and highly recommend it! Adrian was very knowledgeable, friendly and super passionate about food. I’m glad I chose this tour because I’ve got to experience... read more
We chose the extensive 4.5 hour tour, which was worthwhile. We learned not only about popular food dishes but the history of areas and food patrons around the Gothic Quarter.... read more
We took our 4 young adult children (20-26yrs) on this tour to learn about the food/drink/history/culture of Barcelona. We were fortunate enough to get Adrian as our guide and he... read more
4 hour trip around districts of Barcelona. Friendly guide and in the most part interesting.
Some pleasant food and drink stops thrown in the mix too.
On a personal... read more
Adrian was a fantastic tour guide. He took us to bars that I would never have been brave enough to go to. The food was amazing. Totally authentic.... read more
My wife and I had been to Barcelona before, we enjoyed the beaches, the historic sites, and just the sheer beauty of the place. We thought we had experienced it... read more
Brilliant! We had an absolute blast with Adrian our guide as we ate our way around Barcelona sampling traditional dishes and some very tasty wines, all while learning about the... read more
Please use the tools below to help you find our Starting point for this tour.
About Our Tours
We work to carefully develop each Food Tour in order to ensure the creation of a true culinary experience that should fit everyone’s tastes and schedules. When you take a tour with us, you can be sure that you will be served regional, local cuisine on each of our Tours and that you not only are going to have amazing meals, drinks and make new friends, but to also gain a deeper understanding of the history, culture and the food you will be eating.