Barcelona is known for its vibrant nightlife, and if you want to experience it like a local, you need to start your night off right. Begin with a delicious dinner, be it traditional or tapas-style, indulge in handcrafted cocktails, and dance until sunrise if you’re up for it!
However, before you head out, keep these expert tips in mind:
- Stay safe: Barcelona is quite safe, but it is infamous for pickpocketing, especially late at night. Keep an eye on your belongings and wear a purse that you can keep hanging in front of you. If you don’t wear a purse, keep your hand on your phone and wallet in your pockets.
- Separate your money: Split your money into different compartments. It’s a good idea to have some backup cash in your shoe, for example.
- Book ahead: Make a reservation ahead of time, especially on weekends. Many restaurants and bars in the center of Barcelona are always packed, but tapas and pintxo bars usually don’t accept reservations, so arrive early or be prepared to wait.
- Wear comfortable shoes: Barcelona has good public transportation, but you might want to walk from place to place. Many bars are standing space only, so come prepared!
Now that you’re ready to explore the incredible nightlife of Barcelona, let’s look at the best bars and restaurants to check out!
Trendy Pintxo & Tapas Bars
- Quimet y Quimet: This bustling and traditional tapas bar is a family-run establishment packed with locals. Stand as you enjoy your tapas and drinks, and don’t forget to try the traditional Vermut or cava.
- Cañete: Surrounded by a lively and comfortable ambiance, Cañete offers some of the best tapas in Barcelona. They have all the traditional tapas but with an added zing of creativity and high-quality ingredients. You can book your table online in advance to avoid fighting for a spot.
- El 58: This trendy bar in Poblenou has an extensive menu filled with all the typical offerings and fantastic new combinations. There’s likely to be a line of locals going out the door, but it’s worth the wait!
- Robadora: Located in the lively Raval district of Barcelona, this trendy tapas restaurant offers fusion dishes packed with flavor and presented in an artistic way. Reservations are recommended, and don’t miss their pork ribs and grilled octopus!
- Restaurant Uma: This restaurant in Eixample serves a set tasting menu, and you can even watch the chef prepare your dishes from the open kitchen. They are masters at pairing wine with your meals, making it one of the best dining experiences you’ll ever have. Book ahead of time, as dinner is served at 9 pm, and the experience lasts about 2.5 hours.
- El Nacional: Along Passeig de Gracia, El Nacional is a modern space filled with a variety of amazing restaurants and bars. It’s a great place to meet up with friends and socialize.
- Collage Cocktail Bar: Unleash Your Taste Buds at El Born’s Premier Mixology Destination. Indulge in Artfully Crafted Cocktails and Immerse Yourself in Barcelona’s Vibrant Nightlife Scene. Don’t Miss the Opportunity to Sip on Innovation and Flavor at Collage Cocktail Bar.
- Bar Marsella: Unleash Your Inner Hemingway at El Raval’s Legendary Bar Since 1820. Immerse Yourself in Its Bohemian Atmosphere, Savor the Signature Absinthe, and Join the Ranks of Artists and Writers Who Have Found Inspiration in Its Timeless Charm.
- Bar Mutis: Unlock the Secrets of Barcelona’s Hidden Gem in the Eixample District. Behind an Unmarked Door Awaits a Speakeasy Experience Like No Other. Secure Your Reservation and Step into an Intimate Atmosphere, Indulging in Classic Cocktails Crafted with Expertise.
Uncover the Best of Barcelona’s Nightlife: Must-Visit Spots for an Unforgettable Evening in the City! Share Your Excitement about Exploring These Incredible Venues! Don’t Forget to Explore Barcelona’s Vibrant Daytime with Eye On Food Tours as well! Make the Most of Your Whole Experience! Cheers!